From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 23:57:49 -0400
Hi Friends!

It's ME your favorite and most handsome chocolate spotted buy at Ferret
Wise.  NOw I know that things have been very busy around here-- but they
got busier and busier for sure!  Over at St Gregory's house a couple o
kids is starting to show signs of not doing so hot-- both Agatha Raisin
and Onyx are waking with their tails sticking right up in the air!  SO
they is going to see the vet on the 19th along with the boys that need
lupron.  Dr George will give em a good look see!  , take some bloods
Yech!  and tell hospice Mom & shelter Mom how the best can be cared for.
Lucky will be getting his surgery on a date following that visit, cuz
Dr George wants to be there to oversee him following the surgery.

Poor Strider the deaf boy in Jaffrey, NH hospice.  He is so lonesome
after losing Ruby that he has naughty stools.  Mom has to ship the amoxy
, carafate & melatonin over for him to help hospice Mom Pam get him
feeling better.  He has a nice new room but seems a little lost & Lonely.
Then here at the shelter both Biscuit & Gravy are under the weather.  Not
an unusual story for poor ol' Gravy- after all he has been on lupron &
melatonin for over 2 years now... but the insulinoma thing really kind of
whopped him up side the ferret noggin.  The folks have been working on
giving him pred etc Yech!  but he has finally decided he does not want it
anymore.  Mom is trying extra soup and stuff , and he ate 2 bowls today -
(Mom has had some pretty neat luck getting him jump started!  (the vet &
Mom say we need to respect his wishes too!)  SO we are counting the days
on ol Gravy's calendar sadly.  Now Biscuit is a tad under the weather too
but they THINK it is her worrying over Gravy so Mom is treating her for
ulcers and giving her more attention.

SO as I see how all the elders are slowing down and it seems to be so
much more work to keep up with all the happenings I have decided I need
to work less ( here that shelter Mom) and relax more.  The new Tornado
toy Risa brought is a hoot.  I climb halfway and take a nap- Mom finds
me and scritches on the tube to keep me moving along Hahaha!

Anyway I have been giving things some considerable thought about WHO
could be the mascot.  Now the one with all the antics is the part flying
squirrel Austin, the only ferret who problems solves and boosts himself
OVER the dutch door, he is an artful fellow and can even dislodge the
door with his nose once inside the room.  Several times all the ferrets
have come out in many colors after being treated to an exploration by
Austin.  Much to Mom's and Dad's dismay.  It always leads to a colorful
clean up!  TeeHeeHee!

But there is another special ferret whom I think needs a special job..
that is the ferret here that looks most like ME!  The new Gal Blossom
who entered as a silver blaze but is now a panda..  the gal who has the
very special hearing like me, the ONLY ferret here that can laugh at Mom
opening and closing her mouth like a fishy.  SO I think even if Austin
is the mascot, the only ferret who can appreciate the shelter antics and
talk about things with you all is Blossom.  Gosh is she pretty, makes my
old heart go pitter pat.  So, I will be taking her under my arm this week
and filling her in as only a special ferret can on the ways to report all
of the shelter affairs to our friends on the mail list.  I might even let
her take a stab at writing in the next newsletter.  Well, Phew!  I am
glad that is done- I don't have to worry about making the choice again!
Meanwhile because so many of these kids have vet trips going on Mom is
still working on ebay auctions.

Tickets are slowly selling for the June Raffle for Lucky Ferret Wise!  I
bet we can raise the money for his surgery-- and maybe enough to help
with some luprons too!  The newsletter is mailing out tomorrow so all our
subscribers & donors be on the watch for it there are pictures of the
raffle prizes inside it!!

The current auctions on ebay are:

BREEZ E BALLOON ENDS: May-08-06 21:13:33 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7763687165

UNIQUE POTTERY MUG ENDS: May-08-06 21:14:20 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8281972573

UNIQUE ACME Reinferret STAMP ENDS:May-09-06 07:41:28 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7238924182

COLLECTIBLE FERRET FUN & FUNDAMENTALS VIDEO ENDS: May-10-06 05:33:07 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=9132686262

LARGE FERRET in the POCKET TEE ENDS: May-10-06 08:45:19 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7239186195

RARE CHILDS size Large Ferret in the Pocket Tee
ENDS: May-10-06 13:05:42 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7239246786

RARE Ferret Tee with Cap ENDS: May-10-06 11:50:01 PDT
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7239227786

and there is plenty more at the shelter ebay store chock full of Ferrets
Magazines, cards, colorful matted prints and other great goodies too!
http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Kolor-shop

I really need to soup up take a nap so I can tunnel my way into the
Tornado.  I will come back tomorrow and tell you all about my big
adventure last night!

Many licks to all my friends,
Jerimiah, shelter mascot
www.ferretwise.org