From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2006 23:47:52 -0400
in regard to a ebay listing which was promoted on the FML list.  For
those of you who remember a post on the FML mentioing how some person
was offering a MYSTERY BOX with money, assorted items etc and it was
mentioned that Ferret Wise Shelter was to be the beneficiary of funds
form that ebay auction this is a WARNING- to any future shelters or
bidders.  DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCHEME!

This person NEVER responded via email, never forwarded payment etc.,

IN ALL there was a NO SHOW ON SHELTER FUND-RAISER

I am posting as a warning to any future list reader who may fall into
this trap.  and urging all readers to report this to ebay.  This is WHY
they set up Missionfish!

The auction had a winner - and so far neither the auction lister Betsy
email addy: [log in to unmask] - has contacted us, forwarded funds nor
responded to our email inquiries.

In all accounts I believe this falls under fraudulant solicitation.  I
certainly hope the bidder received something for all their troubles.  I
am posting to warn other ferrets shelters who are alerted this scheme is
going on.  As far as we can see- there is no credibility on the sellers
part and the bidders who thought they were helping ferrets-- well it has
not happened.

In cases like these outright donations to 501c3 organizations are the
safest & best way to go.

Alicia Drakiotes, director
www.ferretwise.org