From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:22:51 EDT
Wow, while you read all of these replies from FML'ers, what do you all
think?  I can't believe it, but it's really looking like animal people
are "created" by environment and education, and not born so much.  Ferret
people now, that's interesting.  People don't seem to only need exposure
to other animals other than cats and dogs to become a ferret person ...
although it certainly looks like it helps a great deal.  I really felt
like I was born this way.  I was brought up on a farm though.  And now
seeing all of these responses, I'm really thinking that I was "taught"
to love animals even if indirectly.

I think it's really important that people learn to love animals, and not
just cats and dogs.  I think it makes a better citizen ... a better human
being ... to respect all other beings no matter what they are.  I think
it carries over to how we treat each other and how we behave socially.  I
think the one of the best contributions we can give back to humanity is
to leave this legacy to our children, our friends children, and children
we meet each day.  I believe they will grow up to more kind and more of
an asset to society if brought up to respect animals ... and not to
accept just the generic dog and cat.  I feel like people who only love
popular or "cute" animals are only "half way there".  Do you know what I
mean?

Well, I'm still trying to gather in my mind if ferret people tend to be
more artistic, eccentric, or open minded.  What do you guys think?

Wolfy