From:
Laura Melton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:56:07 -0500
Hello All!

This is Laura, here in Northwest Arkansas.  I know many of you are
friends of Susan Hayes (of the Northwest Arkansas Ferret Rescue) and
she has asked me if I will post this for her.  Not only is she moving,
so her internet access is nil for awhile, but, as you will see, she has
other stuff going on, and might be out of touch for some time.

Susan's sister, brother-in-law, and their three kids were in a very bad
car accident this past week.  I am not clear on the exact details of what
happened, but I believe the trailer they were pulling blew a tire and
possibly flipped the vehicle.  Susan's sister has several broken ribs and
is up and running between the hospitals where her family is scattered.
The brother-in-law is in a coma and has been in surgery three times; he
is still fighting and clinging to life.  Two of the kids have been
released, but the other is still in critical condition, having been
thrown 30 feet from the car along with Susan's brother-in-law.

Susan is driving back and forth from Ft. Smith to be with her family and
I know it is very hard on all of them.  I'm sure she would appreciate
the thoughts and prayers of her friends from the FML during this time of
struggle.

Thank you,
Laura & Ed
Molly, Bonita, and Bandit