From:
David & Elizabeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2006 14:45:31 -0700
We were recently attacked and we were thinking that we would donate
monthly but not certain the ferret community is the place to spend
our money.  I wanted to post proof that we have been attacked even by
shelters that we supported more than once in the past: We placed orders
through the ppl below for sleepers as we have done santa for 5 years now
and it really angered and appalled us our butt that the very people we
helped were the first to attack us.  This is not the first time this has
happened.  I have seen this also happen to many people in the FML as
well.

We had our identity stolen and our credit cards used and the drama
continues, which has taken a lot of our time.  I have lurked in the FML
for years and I see so many people get attacked my self included.  I will
not post because there is always someone who flies off the handle and
rants and raves about something that offended them and then you get the
hate mail.  Once in the past it happened to me over a personal issue
between myself and a dear friend, and it was not anyone's business but
ours.

I want to say to everyone that you may have big hearts when it comes to
ferrets but when it comes to fellow humans you lack in compassion, tack,
and that is why you will never get community support to further your
cause-especially in California.  I am deeply hurt and I am disappointed.
I am no longer going to be a member of the ferret community.  You that
are so opinionated give the ferret community a bad reputation to the
level headed rest of us.  It is no wonder animal activists get made fun
of.  Overzealous is akin to radical and irrational and you chase so many
people away from the FML because of your hostility and rudeness.

Good ridings.

Elizabeth from Las Vegas

Below is proof that I did donate to shelters in the past even the one in
NH that attacked me!!!

 To: [log in to unmask]

 Subject: my order

Hi, I am familiar with you and know that you donate to CJ and am glad to
help you out and help out the shelters as well.

I would like to order some sleepers for the ferrets that I am santa for.
And then I would like some for myself as well.

Here are the addresses that they need to go to and just stick in the box
a note that it was from Elizabeth and her ferrets in Las Vegas.

Here are the addresses and just attach a note that it was from Elizabeth
and her ferrets in Las Vegas.

BooBoo
C/o Ferret Wise Shelter
POBox 561
Marlborough, NH  03455-0561

2 sleepers

Nomad
c/o Nanette Thurber /Fox Valley Ferret
[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] [BIG]
Appleton WI  54911

2 sleepers

Mario and Mona
c/o Christine
[xxxxxxxxxx] [BIG]
Corvallis OR  97333

2 sleepers

[Moderator's note: I'm very sorry you were the victim of identity theft.
It seems more and more difficult to avoid these days yet it is still an
increasingly difficult nightmare.  Speaking of which, I took the liberty
of xxx'ing out some addresses in your note because off-hand I'm not sure
they're entirely public.

People who have been on the FML and/or in "the ferret community" for a
long time are valuable and I'm sorry to lose you.  But people who have
been on the FML for a long time also know I have a rather short fuse
when I discover things are advertised on the FML but not delivered as
promised.  Identity theft or not, you sold items on eBay and allegedly
ignored questions about it.  It was not until the question was brought
to the FML that you responded.  Apparently your e-mail was functional.

I understand you were very generous, and I applaud you and am grateful,
but a lack of response is not acceptable to me and future such ads from
you would not have been carried on the FML.  The ferrets lose out in
that case, I regret, but that's the way things work here.  BIG]