From:
Arlena Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2006 07:24:45 -0400
When it comes to giving my kiddies their names, they usually tell me what
they are, within a few days, if not sooner.

QT-WeeOne received her name, due to her physical size, when I adopted
her.  I brought her home, from PetSuperMarket, in a shirt pocket.  Her
belly was still bare, from being shaved and spayed, by Marshall's Ferret
Farm.  Her adoption papers said she was eight weeks old.  But, I firmly
believe she was much younger.

When I adopted Nami, she did not have a name, since her previous human
always referred to her as Ferret.  After some research in a dictionary,
I settled upon No-Nama Furo, Old Latin for No Name Ferret.  Later, I
shortened her name to Nami.  She is now the Queen of the Furo Mafia,
after the Crossing of QT-WeeOne.

When I adopted Nipper, it was love at first bite.  Every time I reached
into a display case, at PetSuperMarket, to look at the cute fuzzies, he
grabbed my hand and did his best to drag it into an igloo.  When I picked
him up, to see if he would give me Sweet Kisses, he did the Lick Lick
Lick Chomp on my nose.  Quite a few people heard me say a few choice
words.

After I adopted Sneaker, he told me his name, by the way he hid under
the couch, waiting for me to walk by in bare feet.  He would poke out
his head, as he watched for me.  Than, he would run out, bite my toes
and run back under the couch.

Both Jezzabelle and Sheela were named after old songs I kept hearing, as
I was driving to PetSuperMarket.  At the time, the radio in my old 1989
Dodge Aries did not work.  Both girls are quite chubby, as they tip the
scales at over two pounds.

Jezzabelle had just been returned to the store, since a young woman
turned out to be allergic to ferrets.  I was given a fifty percent
discount, when I adopted her.  At the time, she was in an isolation
display case, all by herself.  She kept making sad whimpering sounds,
until I picked her up and carried her around, while I did some shopping.

Nobody wanted to adopt Sheela, since she was a Fear Biter, who bit three
customers and all of the store employees.  When I offered to adopt her,
at a discount, I was told to return the next morning, when the manager
would be present.  The next day, I was there, before the doors opened.
The manager gave me a fifty percent discount, to get rid of her.  A week
later, when I returned, with Sheela, nobody could believe how loving and
sweet she became.

Sometimes, I refer to Flurry and Nami as the Vampire Girls.  Flurry used
to bite my ears, as I reclined on the couch.  Nami still loves to do the
Lick Lick Lick Chomp on my shins.

Sometimes, I refer to Nipper and Sneaker as the Frick and Frack Boys.
What one does, the other will soon copy.  Both of these boys are pushing
four pounds.

Humams!  The Other White Meat!  Yummy!