From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 10:51:34 -0800
Hello FML'ers

Although I'm still very much in shock from the unexpected passing of my
'little Missy', Sasha, this past Tuesday, the immense outpouring of kind
words, sincerity, and support I've received from all of you has been
genuinely overwhelming and for that, I am very grateful.

I wish every one of you could have known Sasha b/c she was such a
beautiful, silly, roley-poley little girl with lots of "hidden"
personality.  I am working on a eulogy for her but it will take some time
for me to be able to think clearly enough to put my thoughts on paper.

A few days ago, however, out of nowhere, a friend who did not know of
Sasha's passing sent me a song with a message that could not have been
more perfectly fitting for this moment.  It instantly brought my "sweet
pea" to mind and I'm certain it always will ...  The song is "Golden
Slumbers" by the Beatles - such a fitting message that I feel I can
connect to my "little Missy" with and her to me, too - as if we're
talking to each other in one of our many normal, everyday conversations
and telling each other how to each move forward from here.

"Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye

Golden slumbers fill your eyes
Smiles awake you when you rise
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye

Once there was a way to get back homeward
Once there was a way to get back home
Sleep pretty darling do not cry
And I will sing a lullabye"

Well, I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew how thankful I am for
all of the support, caring words, and stories you've taken the time to
write and send my way.  I will be adding all of these things to a special
memories book I'm creating so I'll have something tangible to reflect
back on whenever I need it.  Hopefully soon, too, I'll have a website up
and running but that might be a while since I'm NOT webpage savvy in the
least bit!

As for Snowball, he seems to be doing pretty OK and maybe even basking
in the attention, now that he's not in Sasha's shadow (she was definitely
the Alpha).... I do believe he does miss her presence but maybe it's best
that I keep this a one ferret home right now, for his sake, since neither
Sasha nor Snowball ever cared much for other furkids of any kind besides
each other.  I just want Snowy to know now how special he is and always
has been (even when Sasha got more attention sometimes from others) and
don't want him to have to compete with another furkid again if he doesn't
want or need the companionship.

Snowball and I are the new "dynamic duo" now and I'm enjoying having him
along when I run errands or when he's cuddled on my chest and asleep
while I'm in bed and the bed covers are tucked just under his head.  He
looks just like Stuart Little (the cartoon mouse) in a 'big person' bed
then and it's absolutely the most adorable sight to see!!!

With much thanks,

Jennifer and Snowball
Remembering and missing our Sashee Washee (Sasha Marie) 1.11.99 - 3.21.06