From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:34:06 -0500
Not too long back (a couple of months?) I got a note from a certain
individual here who wanted (encouraged) me to participate in attacks that
person has made for years against her most common FML target for many
years.  Apparently, she thought that just because he and I disagree on
some highly academic points that I would behave that way toward him.  I
refused with disgust; it was an appalling suggestion.

When I refused I got a note from from her saying that two of my close
FML friends were saying terrible things about me behind my back on other
lists.  I rolled my eyes to the heavens, laughed, and trashed it because
I knew better than to believe it.  What makes it even funnier is that I
have since learned that one of them isn't even on any other lists.  How
is that for a hoot?

Hey, the FML is the size of a small town.  Just like a town it has all
types of people.  None of us is perfect, least of all me, but some
things here can approach being beyond the norm at times.

I won't say who the other people were: who sent me those letters, who
was the most common target (on the FML, at least), who my friends are.
Some people here will know at least in part, but most will only guess.

This note is here for three reasons:
1. as a warning to the person to behave better,
2. as a heads up to the typical target,
3. as a reminder to people on the list that sometimes there are or have
   been things going on off the list of which they are unaware which
   can spill over into the FML in unexpected ways.

-- Sukie (not a vet)
Ferret Health List co-moderator
FHL Archives fan
http://ferrethealth.org/archive/