From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:00:16 -0500
I know, lovely subject line.  But it's to the point!

Awhile back Mikette starting going to the bathroom (mostly diarhea) about
every 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  We went to our new vet and had stool cultures
done (nothing showed) and she was put on Amoxi and Flagyl.

She was on the amoxi only about three days when she seemed to be doing
better, then I started her on the flagyl which took longer to get from
the compounding pharmacy.  Is stressed her so much and she was having
diarhea again (mostly on me during the flagyl syringing!) and even
started grinding her teeth.  About a week into it she had an insulinomic
reaction and I stopped the flagyl and continued with the amoxi.  When
the two weeks of amoxi ended the frequent poops continued.

I talked to her new vet and we put her back on the amoxi to see if
it would work as a full course alone.  During the two weeks she went
normally, some diarhea still but only once every three to four hours.
She ended the amoxi a couple of days ago and is back to going all the
time.  I got home after being gone 11 hours for work and she has left
me 9 presents!  I'm worried about what's going on.  She's insulinomic
and has been on prednisolone and diaoxide for years, and lasix for about
6 months.

I am calling the vet tomorrow but would appreciate any thoughts or
advice.

Thanks
Risa