From:
xx torAMOSlo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 12:50:04 +0000
With Bird Flu almost on our doorstep should pet owners here in the UK now
be thinking twice about feeding raw chicken and cook it to be safe?

Since a cat has died of Bird Flu could this be spread to our animals?

At the moment my freezer has 120 kg of pork, beef and lamb mince in it
ready to be thawed as and when needed and since starting my ferrets on
this mixture they are now totally ignoring the dry stuff.

It is also much cheaper as my butcher lets me have it at 10p per kg

Please contact me I can be of any help, I am not a vet and in the past
30+ years none of my animals have visited my vet for anything other than
routine check up.