From:
Mary McCarty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:46:03 -0800
Mary this is a partial post I found on the AFA message board from last
December showing that Galaxy D indeed had been tested for use on ferrets
with mink, the ferrets cousin.

But this is not a post that I wrote.  I asked you to forward me any post
that I wrote about Galaxy-D not being tested, since you stated I said
that and I didn't.

3. Galaxy D from Fromm D of which had been solely used prior to the
introduction of Fervac D, has been around for an exteamly long time,and
used in many field studies.  When Galaxy  D was being produced with
mammal cells, it was field tested on cousins of the ferret (mink, etc.)
for effeciency.  Fervac is ...

As I asked the original poster - please provide me references of this
study.  I would like to read it.

In another post on the AFA message board it was posted that according
to the 1999 American Ferret Report that Schering-Plough did perform
limited antibody testing with Galaxy D to show reasonable safty &
effectiveness in ferrets but did not perform challange testing which
is required for USDA approval for licensing.

Your resonce was: "CORRECT, there was a test done at Tuskeege."

I guess I'm not following why you are sending me this post - which I've
already read and responded to on another list - none of these tests
provide enough proof for USDA approval, so it's a moot point.

Let's move on as we have already stated the facts for everyone.

Now I appologize for not privatly e-mailing you with this, but that
would defeat the purpose of posting anonimously.

Funny subject to have to post anonymously about....

Mary

Novel Beginnings Ferretry
http://www.geocities.com/novelbeginnings/