From:
Randy Ferret Aid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 15:47:45 -0500
That's just shocking.  Back in November, the University of Guelph (In
Ontario) began using the same test as United uses for ADV (they bought
the equip from United).  They have agreed to take American samples.  I'm
not sure if that's of any help to you guys.  Someone (wink) out there had
agreed to find out for me how you guys would go about getting samples
across the border as I'm WAY too busy with my shelter and the IFC
conference coming up in June but she never got back to me (wink again)
if she has a moment (you know who you are lol!) and can look into it,
maybe this can be an alternative for you guys.

It's not cheap for the regular ferret owner, but for a shelter testing
more than one ferret at a time, it can be worth it.  I tested a bunch (I
think 22) in late November and it only cost me $46 or something like that
in lab costs.

You get back a detailed report.  If any of you shelters or vets would
like to see it, I can forward it.  Anything I can do to help from over
here, I'd be more than willing to do.

Miss Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society
www.ferretaid.org

Join us for the IFC Ferret Aid 2006 Conference!
Book early, almost sold out!!
http://www.ferretaid.org/events/ferret_aid_2006.html