From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:34:25 -0500
Yes Susan eating raw pasta is bad for your ferrets.  I would think cooked
pasta also.  They are obligate carnivores - no fruits, no veggies, no
carbohydrates necessary and actually can cause major problems up to and
including death.  Pasta, if enough is consumed, can swell in the ferret's
digestive tract and cause a blockage, how much?  I don't know - I haven't
tested this, also I would think that since Pasta is not good for people
susceptible to diabeties that it would not be good for ferrets who are
susceptible to insulinoma or more specifically --- carbohydrates cause a
rise in blood sugar, then the pancreas produces insulin to balance that
blood sugar and next thing you know you have Blood sugar swings.  Not
good for any animal... So if you've got a ferret eating that pasta ---
like a bunch --- take it away..  have you tired rice - does she eat that?
If she keep eating the wrong stuff, try letting her swim instead... ;-]

Vicki
Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506