From:
Lynn Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 07:52:37 -0500
Well, we stayed here in Corpus Christi last night, and here is the
situation.  If the storm takes a northernly turn as predicted, we will
be in good shape on the south side of the storm with wind and rain....
Houston and Galveston will be on the north side of the storm....not where
you want to be in a hurricane.  If it keeps coming due west without that
turn, we are in major trouble.  This is the 3rd worst Atlantic hurricane
in history.  The other hurricanes that have hit this area have been
category 3's....this one at a 5 is nothing to mess around with!  We will
make our decision today on whether to evacuate or not, the storm should
hit late Friday, early Saturday and there is a mandatory evacuation order
here in Corpus Christi...The ferret shelter SAFE in San Antonio that I
am a member of, already contacted me yesterday to let me know they are
willing and waiting for my crew of babies....will let everyone know what
we do....keep us in your prayers

Lynn Barker
please check out my web site:
http://fuzzysleepcenter.terrabox.com/