Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 09:10:02 -0700
"Hi mom!  I've missed you."

"I've missed you too.  How have you been?"

"The other ferrets up here treat me well.  They even let me play with
their toys!  But I have a question.  Some ferrets up here didn't have
very good parents.  Their parents didn't care about them like you care
about me.  Was I worth it?"

"What do you mean?"

"Was it worth all the paper towels, the 'accidents', the money, was I
worth the vet visits, the big room you had to give me, all the meals you
had to prepare?  Was I worth all the duck soup you made when I was sick,
worth the medicine I spat out on your face, the puddles in the middle of
the floor, and even the bites?"

"You were worth all that--and more.  You give back something you don't
know you give, something I can't begin to describe to you.  You, my baby,
were worth it.  Let me ask you something.  Was I worth it?  The times I
scruffed you because you bit me, the times I wouldn't let you run away
from home, the nail clippings and vet visits?  Was the duck soup really
that good?"

"Yes, and I'm so glad you're here with me now.  And I am glad that the
other ferrets that didn't get to know what I know are up here dooking and
dancing, enjoying themselves.  They can now know what it's like to be
taken care of.  Thanks, mom."

-Dedicated to all the ferret moms and dads out there.

Krista and her five fuzzy kids:)
Interested in saving the lives of animals?  Visit
http://www.veganoutreach.org/index.html or email me for more info.