From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 20:50:46 -0700
The tale was sent to Lydia Russell:  Lydia wrote:

Christianaferret feel into a deep sleep.  Dook moved her into a soft
hammie.  But her sleep was so deep that she never moved while she slept.
The young Dook watched over her and when night came he started to worry.
"Something is wrong!  Why hasn't she woke up yet.  Is this some kind of
spell?" said the young Dook.  He started to pace back and forth.  All
of the villagers started to chant.  "send help for Christianaferret send
help for Christianaferret".  Their cries could be heard all over the
village.

A bright light in the sky appeared.  It seemed to be coming closer to
them.  The villagers stopped chanting and there was a hush over the land.
Young Dook of Cornish Hen rushed out to where the bright light was.  "I
demand to know who and what you are" he yelled.

The light only grew brighter.  No sound was heard, even the night animals
were quite.  How could something make the whole world so silent Dook
wondered.  Just then Christianaferret started to moan.  Dook rushed to
her side.  "Christianaferret Christianaferret are you all right?"  She
sat up and smile a weak smile.  "I was just so tired.  What happened?"
she asked.  Dook looked back at to where the bright light was and it was
gone.  The normal night noises started again.  "I am not sure but you
must have a guardian looking over you."

"Dook we have to find my father.  Where is he?" Christianaferret cried.
The young Dook started building a fire and ordered the villagers to
bring food.  As he was working he wished he didn't have to answer her.
"Christianaferret I have some bad news"  he said with his head hung low.
"Your father........

Passed to Francine Prager: Fran wrote:

...has been turned into a Skunk, left to wander the dookdom in solitary
misery, with everyone running away at the sight of him."

"I shall not run from my father" said Christianaferret.  "We shall sniff
him out and my sister will restore him to the magnificent ferret he was
before this foul act."

"Sister?  What sister?  Where did a sister come from?" asked the puzzled
Dook.  This family the Dook was about to enter certainly was not your
average one.

"I'll tell you all about it later", said Christianaferret.  "But for now,
please blow your nose so it will be at it's sharpest, for we have a lot
of sniffing to do."

The Dook, who was prone to nosebleeds and hated to blow his nose said...

To be continued!