From:
Anthony C Orlando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:17:36 -0700
My 5 m.o. albino seems to be quite the communicator.

Even when he was lil & I'd put him on my bed he'd walk to the end, look
at his cage when he needed the litter box, look at the kitchen when he
wanted food/water, look at the floor when he wanted down, and look at
his dangle toy when he wanted me to play.

When he wants a Foamy Fry he goes to that cupboard & points with his
nose.

When he wants a walk he'll go to the dresser drawyer where I keep his
carrier & harness, stand tall, point at me with his nose then point to
the drawyer and point back & forth until I take him out.

And when he wants to play in the shower he climbs in & looks to the
showerhead and if I don't turn it on he'll run to his water bottle to rub
against it until he's good & wet and needs a thorough toweling off.

Is this ability to communicate common for ferrets?  Do others' do such
things as much?

"Intelligence is like 4-wheel drive.  It allows you to get stuck in more
'remote' places."

~ Garrison Keillor ~