From:
Risa Di Vincenzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:41:07 -0400
As response to the FMLer moving to Mass. and to anyone, just wanted to
make a reminder.  Don't forget to check for unfinished holes that ferrets
can disappear into.  Check well around any plumbing areas where pipes go
into walls, (bathroom sink and toilet, washer/dryer, kitchen sink) make
sure there aren't open gaps that a ferret can get through.  Check the
"underhang" of lower kitchen cabinets to be sure the space is finished
off.  That's the area where the cabinet woodwork dips in and down to meet
the floor.  If you put your hand under that area you'll often find gaps
(that don't show) where they didn't finish off the cabinet.  You have
to check the full length of the cabinet.  In an old friend's apartment
I checked just one spot to see if it was finished.  When I came with my
ferrets Jillie quickly found an open spot before my friend grabbed her
out.  In my new apartment three areas had gaps, the rest was sealed.
But one spot is all it takes to lose a fuzzie.

Risa