From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 10:05:51 -0500
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>  wrote on 3/7/2005, 2:30 AM:
>Hi!  I am looking for input from folks who have attended past symposiums
>as to the "dress code" (for lack of a better term) for the Saturday
>Night Celebrity Auction.  I am assuming it is a bit "dressier" than for
>the rest of the events, but I know what "assuming" does......always gets
>me into trouble.

I am a few days behind, so someone may have already answered this.  But
just in case, here are my 2 cents on the subject.

In the past, we have seen everything from jeans and tee shirts to evening
gowns at the reception.  I think it is a matter of what ever makes you
feel most comfortable.

Some people like an excuse to dress up, and if that is you, then by all
means do it.  The Symposium Reception is as good an excuse as any I can
think of.

On the other hand, if you are not someone that likes to dress up, then
don't feel you have to.  The most important rule at the Symposium is
that you dress to have fun and be comfortable.

I would suggest that anyone who will be attending their first Symposium
this April should check out pictures from previous Symposiums.  The IFC
website has links to pictures of past meetings (www.ferretcongress.org).

Or, here is a link to the pictures I took in Atlanta.  The reception
pictures are about 2/3 of the way into the album.  They start with a
picture of the litter box cakes that were served, and are after the
pictures of Linda Ferret and Wolfy.  The Sunday Morning Hawaiian party
follows them.

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=2891995
&uid=1514597&members=1

If you go and view these pictures, you will see what I mean about
dressing for fun.  ANd, you will see that some people are dressed up,
while others are very casual.

Viewing the pictures will also give you an idea of the kind of
spontaneous things that can happen - like when Jeanne Carley sprayed
her hair gray and accused BIG of causing her to gray prematurely.

I hope this helps anyone who will be joining us in St. Louis.
--
Danee
International Ferret Congress Health Issues Coordinator