From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:27:47 -0800
Wow oh wow, I met a really fun ferret off the bridge the other day.  He
is appropriately named, Vanilla.  This little albino boy came popping off
the bridge, up and down, up and down.  I saluted him and said, "Hi ya!"
He seemed a bit surprised.  It was like he was in his own little world
be-bopping all around and then over the bridge.  Then he seemed confused
and tried to dash back over the bridge.  So I called Brownie, Smudge, Sam
and Gus to help welcome him.  Some more faces made him feel at ease.  But
it then occurred to him where he was.  He was pretty sad.  But then Gus
pointed out to him how beautiful he was with his wings.  And Brownie
pointed out the sparkly new halo.  And Sam and Smudge told him that
Daddy and Mommy would be here soon in "heaven time" to hold him again.
He relaxed a bit.  And so I took him aside and told him about all the
wonderful things here.

All of us went gallivanting off past the heather, rice beds, over the
meadow, and onto foamy fry Forrest!  The other showed him how to have
foamy fry sword fights.  But man oh man, Vanilla was a natural with him
wings!  I mean nobody, but nobody could keep up.  He was fearless.  He'd
play hide and seek behind a cloud, then pop out from it and bop someone
on the head.  The other four wanted to call it quits and move on at that
point.  I was disappointed because it was a hoot to watch them.  We all
meandered to a ferretonin fountain.  Oh my, but his brothers tried to
eat it all.  Do you know what Vanilla did?  He beat his wings so hard,
that the ferretone splashed all over their faces.  What a trip!

But you know, when all was said and done over the next few days, the
little popcorn ferret took a break from stealing popcorn, bouncing,
chewing cheweasils, and diving to and from clouds to watch a sunset
with me and to gaze at Mercury over the horizon.  He mused that his
daddy could also see Mercury from where he was on earth.

Sandee