Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:19:13 -0500
My 7 year old was diagnosed with insilinoma and lymphsarcoma a couple
of months ago, he is now on Prednisolone 0.6 2x daily.  His tummy is a
little tight and swollen.  I don't think he is in extreme pain but I'm
sure he is uncomfortable.  He hasn't played in almost 2 months, he eats
runs around and goes right back to bed.  I'm not sure what to do with
him.  Another odd thing...before he was diagnosed, he started this
licking of skin habit (never done that before) not long after that is
when he went in this seizure like state, I had to given some corn syrup
as per the vet.  He came around, took him to the vet and that's when he
was diagnosed.  He is starting to lick again.  Is he lacking somthing
in his diet that he is trying get.  ie: electrolites (don't know how to
spell that), or salt??  Will he go into that state again??  He is
constatnly shivering..is there something I can do to help keep him warm?

His poops are fine...he eats well.  Thanks for any info you can give me.