Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 22:27:09 -0800
Boy, I cannot wait for this year to be over!  I think I've finally gotten
my Phoebe stable from her first insulinomic episode last night but now my
thoughts are on my roommate, Chris, who has been in Japan for the past
two weeks and was supposed to be vacationing with his fiancee in
Singapore and some other places in the Orient until mid January.

Since Chris did not take his laptop with him, I don't expect him to
answer my emails but he's not answering my messages to his cell phone
either.  So I have no idea where he is at the moment or if he has been
affected at all by the tsunami and related tragedies.

I just can't be sure if Chris is OK because I had no idea where he was
supposed to be while over there so until I hear from him . . . . .

I work for Starbucks Coffee Company and since there are retail stores all
over the world, we've been receiving updates from a handful of employees
in stores in countries that were affected and have learned that over 50
employees are unaccounted for at this time - most of them in Thailand.
Starbucks has donated $100,000 to relief efforts and although it will
only make a dent, it's certainly going to help.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers for him.

Jennifer