From:
colburns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:47:35 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Tonight my excellent husband Dann ran the dryerload of clean, wet ferret
blankies.  (The 'Fricken Pigmy Hedgehog, France, hasn't really made a
mess yet.  Just left us the occasional French truffle for our
consideration..)

Anyway, he cleaned the lint trap afterward, and asked me jokingly if I
wanted him to spin out the wad of clean ferret wool into a length of
thin ferret yarn for me to knit.

I demurred, politely.  Then he came up with the idea of using ferret fur
yarn to knit little union suits for poor, shivering adrenal weasels.  Who
better to do this, than, of course, KAT PARSONS?

Now.  If we all save what we clean from our lint traps when we dry our
ferret bedding (I'm speaking especially to Shelter Moms here, think BULK)
and mail it to Kat (I'm sure she'll be JUST DELIGHTED) she can knit
little four legged one piece suits with a tail hole in natural unbleached
gray wool!  No more boney pink naked weasels!

(Sung to the tune of "Look for the Union Label')

Look for Kat Parsons' Label
When you are buying an a-drenal suit
You'll know that somewhere
Kat Parson's Knitting
Her suit's are fitting
Our girls and boys
Oh yes they cost more,
but whose complaining (I thought she'd like that part)

Oh, I can't remember the rest.  Something about made in the USA which
these would be, thank you very much!

Anyway, I'm sure she'll post her address for us when she reads this.  Now
remember, make sure your ferret wool is COMPLETELY dry before you put it
in the envelope, and don't expect any payment, this is for a good cause,
God forbid you should ever need one!

Alexandra in MA