From:
Catherine Garcia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:14:56 EST
Just like a boomerang or a bad penny, I still continue to turn up.  It's
good to see some of the old names still posting, although, for the most
part, it seems to be a pretty new group.

I've been a lurker pretty much for the past several years.  Luis' illness
and subsequent death just kind of put me in a fog to which I am only
recently STARTING to come out of.  To all of you who so kindly signed the
book at Russon Bros., I want to send you my heartfelt thanks.  I should
have done this a long time ago, but, like I say, I am just starting to
emerge.  Let us hope that it continues......(I hear several groans in
the audience from those who remember me.......she says with an evil
grin.....LOL)

Anyway, on to a lighter note.  I am so looking forward to the Symposium
this year.  Never got to go to one before, but since it is in my
hometown, (although I've lived in Utah - "Behind the Zion Curtain" - for
about 25 years......so they tell me out here I am a native, too.  They
say after 20 years, your a native.  Go figure.)  I was able to mix
pleasure with pleasure and see "friends-who-are-like-family" and what
remaining family I DO have with the Symposium.......ah, the best of both
worlds.  On the zoo trip, might I suggest a visit to the "bird cage."
Used to be touted as "the largest free flight bird cage in the world" or
something or other to that effect.  It was left over from when St.  Louis
had the World's Fair.  I hope it is still there.  Been at least 17 years
since I was at the zoo, so I don't know, and if Mr. Church mentioned it
already, I apologize.  I was reading quickly this evening, trying to get
"caught up" on email, as it were.

I am down to one ferret of my own, although between my roommate and I we
have five (the "Farmington Five").  My little Adrian just had adrenal
surgery last Thursday.  My little Angel came through it OK for an old man
(a rescue, estimated age at around six.....guy brought him to my vet to
be euthanized since he "didn't have time for him and he was his son's
ferret and his son died..." or some other excuse.  Dr. Joe doesn't
euthanize healthy animals, but asked if he could have him, since he
knew just the home.  I had just lost my little Edith, so it worked out
well......).  He is doing better.  Especially since he can now fight
Mommy when she gives him his medicine.  Tries to decorate me with it too,
the little bugger.  BTW, have any of you (and I'm sure you have.......)
seen a "stoned" ferret?  I insisted that Dr. Joe send me home with some
pain med for him.  (I know they deal with pain differently than us, but
I've had abdominal surgery, and, darn it, it HURTS LIKE HELL.....)  I
gave him his tiny little dose each morning for two days.  He would be
fine (this was before he felt good enough to fight the meds.....) and
then suddenly have the look of someone from the '70's on a really good
"trip."  Considering this mornings wrestling match, I decided he didn't
need the pain med.....LOL!  I guess I will have to be making a "ferret
burrito" from now on.....sigh.  It's actually a good thing.  A weasel
that doesn't fight taking his medicine isn't feeling too well, in my
humble opinion, for what it's worth.

My last vision of him before he "went to ground" was this look of "I WILL
GET YOU!" on his face.  It's amazing the amount of venom a little ferret
can put on their expression when they felt you have "wronged" them.
Thank God they don't have opposable thumbs or I would be afraid.  Very,
very afraid.....LOL!

I shall try to turn up from time to time, just to drive everyone
insane......<G>

Catherine
Behind The Zion Curtain

"You have all the equipment, you just need to read the manual" -
Elle Woods