Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 20:01:13 EDT
please look for Casey and welcome her to the Bridge.  Casey was my 5 yr
old sable baby who crossed on Tuesday after a year long battle with
lymphoma.  I first met Casey at the kennel where my dog went for playtime
2 yrs ago.  The manager of the kennel asked me to have a look at her
because apparently Casey wasn't eating and Nancy was worried about her.
I offered to take Casey home and care for her until her owner returned.
Casey was in a cage that had nothing in it but a grass hamster ball.  My
first task was to fill her cage with hammock, sleep sack and soft fabric
on the wire floor.  I fell in love immediately and told Nancy that I
wanted Casey if the owner was willing.  I had sent Casey back with all
the ferret stuff in the cage.  I think that impressed the lady who said
I could have Casey.  Thus was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
Casey was a petite and dainty lady.  She was the cage mate of Casper who
misses his friend.  My favorite memory of my Casey is holding her while
she ate her duck soup, then she would take the empty dish in her teeth,
struggle to get down and would take the dish and hide it nearby, as if
she wanted to savor the aroma later.  Sandy or Muldoone, please help
Casey find my other babies who have gone before her.  Find Cinnamon,
Pepper, Jillian, Wriggley, Zoey, Sabrina, Rosie, Snoopy and Marble.
Make sure they all know how much I love them and miss them and we will
be together someday.

Ann, Casper and Minka