From:
Troy Lynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:09:47 -0600
Does anyone have information on this breeder?  I need all information,
positive and negative.

Yesterday afternoon I got a call for a friend and volunteer.  She stopped
at a local pet store and saw a very young ferret in the enclosure.  She
said I needed to stop by so after work I did...

This baby was so very tiny, my best guess is 5.5 weeks old and the store
had him and his companion (who had already been bought) for 2 days.  When
the clerk opened the top the baby woke up and toddled out of his 'cabin'
crying.  I reached for the little one and he immediatly tried to nurse.
I held him close and told the clerk I was taking him.  When I got up to
the counter I asked if the baby was from Marshalls and was told they
stopped carrying Marshall ferrets because they were sending them at 4-5
weeks old.  I looked at her and politely said "this baby is much too
young and the breeder will hear from me".  $150 later Mocha and I left
the store.  Mocha is staying with Jessica where he is receiving the
special care such a little baby needs.  He has a foster ferret mommy too,
Spritzy.  He's in very good and loving hands now.  Thank you Jessica.

Troy Lynn Eckart, F.B.S.
Ferret Family Services
http://www.ferretfamilyservices.org
Please sign up to support our efforts