From:
deborah harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2005 05:40:53 -0800
I'm thoroughly amused in reading all the the traits that your RCF's have.
The great health, biting issues etc..  My Elizabeth is a Real Canadian
Ferret, I acquired her out of some terrible conditions in a pet store
down in Tenn.  Probably the most beautiful ferret I have ever owned
(strictly looking at her face), with a short little tail and a bony
sternum.

When we adopted her she was supposed to be spayed but kept going into
heat, it appears that she still had a tiny piece of ovary left inside and
it was causing her body to go through it's cycles still.  I'm not sure if
this was the fault of the breeder or a veterinarian that spayed her after
she left the breeder ( I have no idea when it's done).  This has been my
only compliant with her.

Although she is a mommas girl, very attached to me and she will bite
anyone else that is brave enough to hold her.  She rarely breaks the skin
but she will gnaw on you for as long as you will let her, and it's not
play. :)

And dare I say, that she has been a very healthy little girl up to this
point and will be seven years old this October.  Such an attitude and
probably the most personality of any ferret I have ever owned.  She is
a true treasure and the apple of my eye. :)

I hope that gives more insight to the RCF's for you!
Deborah