From:
"Mr. Mark Hei" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 23:28:03 -0500
Hello,

I have had 5 Marshall Farms ferrets and currently have 2 living.  This
time around I have decided to try local breeder - I live in Western MD
and my Dr is Dr Weiss in Bethesda and he has treated 4 out of 5.

How can I tell when you have animals available?  I signed up for your
group site.

My ferrets are relatively young - 2 and almost 4, so I am not in a rush
to get a new one.  My ferrets travel with me when the weather is good
and live in my room, mostly in my sock drawer.

My first ferret Shelby, about 7 years ago, lived with me when I was truck
camping and became my best friend on the Earth.  I lost her just before
her 4th birthday to a surgical procedure.  After that, I found Dr Weiss
and drive 3 hours for visits for medical problems when they arise,
because he seems to be one of the best.

My next ferret was Sandy and she died a year ago after getting diabetes -
she had had 2 surgeries for insolinoma, no adrenals, no spleen, and still
lived to nearly 5 years old.  She was great and loved sliding down her
tunnel.  She went into a coma in my arms and the vet couldn't balance her
chemistry in time.

I lost my next ferret Cherry to a terrible accident last year at 4 years
old when she ran and jumped off the bed (which is only 1 mattress high)
after treats, doing a war dance, and she was fatally injured when she
ran into my foot.  It was terrible and it was very strange that such a
seasoned ferret would do a back flip after all those years.

Right now my ferrets are all off medicine, and that is nice for a change.
Aileah, my oldest at about 3.5, had a real nasty bout of miscellaneous
surgeries and medical treatments last year, and it is great that she was
cured (nearly $10,000 of treatment)!

My youngest is Lizzy at about 2, and she is very cute and gives kisses.

Daily, they both get turkey baby food as a treat...

I looked at some of the parent ferrets on your site and thought they
were just wonderful.  Welling emotion came up -

I am not in a rush to adopt a new ferret, but wanted to begin
communications with you.  I hope you would consider me as a potential
new owner / adopter...

My ferrets are an integral part of my family, and I give them lots of
attention as I work at home at the computer.

Thanks,
Mark Hei.