From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:17:25 -0500
There IS *NO VERDICT* (and can be no reliable verdict) for these reasons:

1. Studies on Lupron's abilities are still too new and too small
2. Individuals vary in responses and why is not well enough understood
   in enough cases
3. While some adrenal growths appear to be shrunken by Lupron not all
   respond to it and telling them apart well enough without surgery is
   still not possible

So, listen to what your vert says and then decide together.

We tend to go for surgery unless the ferret is a poor surgical candidate
in which case we go with Lupron and melatonin.

For some useful info:
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org
and
http://www.miamiferret.org/fhc