From:
Jennifer Halbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2004 03:54:49 -0500
Hi,

Just joined the FML.  I suppose I needed people who I knew would
understand to talk to, and to read ferret stories.  This is my first
Christmas in 13 years without a ferret to wake me on Christmas morning,
My precious Annika passed away just three days ago.  It has been a
horrible Christmas.  My family has tried to make me feel better, but I
feel so empty.  Anni was born in Comox BC, she was the runt and had
eating problems from the start, she never got very big, always kindof
looked like a kit.  She started to get sick when she was 2, but she never
complained.  She was simply a kind, sweet ferret, she never even stole
anything that didn't belong to her.  Anni had been very sick for a while
so my schedule was built around her needs, now I have nothing to do.  I
broke down at my Aunt's house tonight (Christmas dinner with the family),
I cried for an hour straight, I was a complete basket case, and worse my
extended family tried to make me feel bad for "causing a scene" when my
poor cousin was just left by her husband and all that happened to me was
that my ferret died.  My parents tried to defend me, but I think it was
just better to drop it.  I know it will get better, but Annika has been
my traveling companion for almost 6 years, and I have an 18 hour drive
back to my home without her.  This has been a very blue Christmas, I
miss her so much.

Thank you for listening.  It really helps to write this down.

Jenn