From:
Gordon Bengtson CI/ASMEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:22:21 -0500
Byte-me roams about the house freely when I am home and usually parks
her fuzzyself under the bed covers with me at night.  Is pleasing to
have this little weasel there making warm sport in the bed.

But she has a habit of getting into things and on several occasions
has lost fur from her system being disrupted with what ever she ate.
Chocolate will do that to her and I found out when she and Kodo got
into the trash and dragged out the plastic Eclair container that had
over fill chocolate on it.  They sure loved that stuff but it got to
Byte-me big time, lost all her body fur for about a month.

Right now she is pretty well re-filled out again from the last bought.
But she loves the warmth of the bed but also likes her own area.

I have made a wood box about 10 or so inches cube and put a round 2 inch
hole along one end on the side with a small access 'porch'.  Inside I put
some rags to curl up in but those are on top of the carpet lining on the
floor and walls inside.

She loves this hidey hole and can be found in there often.  She gets into
the rags and makes a pool to curl up in keeping warm, snug and most
comfortable.  I have another one in her cage made from a cardboard box
about the same size and outfitted with rags also, but no carpeting
inside.  She uses that allot when in her cage.

Is a shame the others are gone, they all loved such little hidey holes,
especially Nibble-ed who could find one in the middle of the Pacific
Ocean.  That animal was amazing where she would get under a towel and
tuck the edges under her so that it would seem that someone HAD to do
that for her but it was only her and how she tucked in.

On the outside box I made the top so it comes off for cleaning or
another inside access that may be needed.  Works great and she certainly
loves it!

Gordon and Byte-me