From:
Toram Oslo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2004 15:50:24 +0000
Personally I have never had any of the illnesses that most people with
altered ferrets seem to think is all part and parcel of keeping ferrets
especially in the US, so if people with intact ferrets are willing to
post on FML and point out that altering ferrets could be one of the
problems in the first place, then fewer people would have fewer ferrets
altered.

I am starting a list of people here in the UK who have intact ferrets and
who may or may not breed because if the breeding of ferrets here in the
UK is left up to people who do not have the foresight to see that we need
to have some sort of breeding program here in the UK in place, then the
ferret in the UK is going to turn in to the most inbred ferret in the
world and be of no use to anyone.

A Norwegian friend of mine has just started up a site for the owners of
people with intact ferrets and anyone around the world is welcome to join