From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 2004 00:50:21 -0500
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/viewdiscussion.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=11721

Dr. Jerry Murray privately sent me the following information which
really fills in gaps, and he gave me permission to carry it here.

Start note from Dr. Jerry Murray:

Hey Sukie,
There is an article on PEG in the Dec Journal of Neurotrauma.  The Purdue
group worked with guinea pigs first.  With the spinal cord cut, they
injected PEG over it and 90% healed their spinal cords.  In the dog
study 68% of the severe disc injury dogs recovered to the point of
walking compared to just 25% of the control control.  Looks like a
great product that may help alot of dogs with disc injuries and hopefully
useful for people too!

Jerry