From:
Alayne Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2004 15:32:50 -0500
Was looking around at ferretstore.com for ways to spend my $50 gift card
on my ferrets.  Came across boxes of starch packaging peanuts they had
for sale as ferret dig boxes.  It said they (the peanuts, not the
ferrets) are biodegradeable in water, etc., make excellent dig box
material for ferrets.  So I thought I'd check this out.  (As their prices
for the peanuts seemed high.  So far, I'm finding the huge quantities one
must buy from office supply place is cost prohibitive due to space they
take up and that they must ship in oversized container.  (ie UPS charges
for 30 lb box due to size box one must use to ship.)

Does anyone use this material for dig boxes?  Any comments?  What other
suggestions does everyone have for safe inexpensive dig box material?

Thanks everyone!
Happy holidays
Alayne & critters

(Crystal & Ringo - dogs / Sierra, Angel, Emily and Caitlynn - ferrets /
Shadow & Max - guinea pigs)