Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 00:21:40 -0700
Stephenie said

>Cripes  Bob
>
>I know Holland is small and Europe is not that big, but 9 country in
>three weeks?  Are you running for the Guinness book of records?

I should.  But I'm not going to sight-see, but do research that I
honestly believe will really help the ferret world (and to see you
guys!).  I'm afraid most of my time will be inside smelly ostuaries,
measuring skeletons with exacting precision and accuracy rather than
seeing the sights.  I wish I had more time for touring, but I'd probably
waste it in even more museums.

The truth is, I have always been far more interested in meeting people
than being a tourist.  I have a great respect for people and their
beliefs, and I LOVE learning about them.  That is why I hope to meet
ferret people in every country I visit, so I can learn from their
experiences.  We Americans can learn a lot from Europeans about ferret
care.  I can think of nothing better than meeting a few people, seeing
their ferrets, and learning how they care for them.  To me, that is a
lot more fun than hanging around hotels and other touristy stuff.

Of course, the best fun is doing touristy stuff with local people and
THEN going to their home to see their ferrets.  For both the opportunity
to meet and interact with European ferret people AND to get some research
done, I have your group to thank.

Bob C