From:
Carol Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:56:07 -0700
Somehow get some cloth over the plastic ramps.  Nothing that will snag
like a towel- those loops will catch toenails.  One book suggests cut-off
athletic socks.  I found some on sale at a sports store and tried that.
You still have to remove the ramps once in a while to wash them.  Folded
baby receiving blankets are good for covering the shelves.

I prefer to cover the ramps, and other wire ramps, with a long rectangle
of cloth, such as fake fur or knit, and pinch little clamps on both sides
to hold it in place.  Home Depot and Ace have the little 2" spring clamps
for about 50 cents each.  Get lots, because you'll find all kinds of uses
for them.  They are great for holding your floor cloths in place and
water and food dishes to the doors of carriers.  Also work well to hold
litter pans in place, depending on the type of cage.  Someone was also
selling them on eBay a while ago.  Don't know if they still are but
that's another source.

Maybe you could use the clamps to suspend pieces of carpet sample (no
loop type) in the tubes.

Anything to help,
Carol O., Tucson