From:
Himberger Gerri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 22:09:29 -0700
I need some info if anyone can help me.  A local pet store here is
selling 3-4 week old babies, in batches of 60 or so.  Most are dying,
the ones making it that I am seeing are having some serious problems
-suprise... The owner of the pet store is claiming that they are Triple F
ferrets, that he is flying to the farm and trucking them back, as the
airlines will not ship.

This store is a nasty kind of puppy mill store, selling all kinds of
animals, in bad circumstances, has been shut down for cruelty violations
several times.  The violations are simply corrected, and he reopens.  My
question is, how do I find out where these ferrets are actually coming
from?  He has a new batch as we speak, claiming Triple F, there are no
tattoos, no anything as far as I can see.  I know this is very hard to
believe, but it really IS happening, trust me.  I just had one of these
babies surrendered to me- she was visciously biting her family, and they
were afraid of her at 6 weeks, they had had her already for 21/2 weeks,
brought her to me, she lunged at me and sunk her teeth into my hand as
deeply as she could, screaming all the while.  The really sad part is
that she isn't angry, she is scared and hungry- and deaf.  She is home
with me for good now, and I'll work with her, with help from Donna and
Troy Lynn, but what about all the others?  Any advice- realistic advice
would be appreciated.

Gerri, and the four very deep canine puncture wounds.