Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:57:13 EDT
Hi there!  I am so glad you found your fert - but curious as to your
comment "I am havin a hard time catching him".  He has been gone since
March?  And you just found him, where?  Has he been outside this long -
or with someone?  Is he in good health?  All these questions lead up to
how he will behave when you integrate him back with your other ferts.
If he has been out - in the "wild" - first I would applaude the fact that
he even lived - as ferrets are totally domesticated animals and it is
virtually unheard of for them to survive so long on their own.  I would
think that perhaps someone else had him - and he escaped friom them too?
But, if he WAS all by himself out there - then you could have some
serious behavior issues.  He would have learned to "fend" off predators,
people, etc - anyone who he perceived as a threat to him.  This would
make him aggressive, skittish, and more likely to bite.  If I am way off
base, and he was with someone - then you should be fine.

I take two fuzzy's with me whenever I travel, and leave two at home.
When I "re-integrate" them after I get home, It usually takes about 3
days or re-establishing dominance - and then they are all fine.  I have
2 males and 2 females.  The one who is the meanest though - is my albino
female.  It took her twice as long to "re-attach" to her fuzmates.

Hope this helps a little!  I am soooo happy for you finding your fert.
Good luck with corraling and ropin him in!  Have you tried a "live bait"
trap?