From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:10:46 -0400
I think it is a pretty sad world (again, as for this happens all the
time on this list), that when someone offers to do something nice, mud
slinging becomes the norm.  I see it is now happening to a shelter in
Florida (on another list) who is asking for help, during what is a very
unnatural year of hurricanes.  I have not heard those rumors, thank
goodness, but for whatever reason..........it should not be tolerated.
Just rest assured that the people flinging the mud, don't have anything
better to contribute to life.  Sad, but True.  All shelters, big or small
are needed in this world.

I have been to Dawn's shows and have been to AFA shows.  All pretty much
the same to me.  All take the proper precautions at the door, as far as
checking for paperwork on shots and ADV testing.  Just because a show is
put on by one organization or another, does not make that show "SAFER"
then the other.  NO SHOW SHOULD BE CONSIDERED SAFE.  A ferret can be
exposed to ADV between testing.  A person can fake a test in so many
ways.  One can by Furvac online and fake giving shots, using the approved
shot instead.  (Know that is happening).  Many things can be altered to
get into these shows.  And it is being done.  I feel the ONLY shot record
which should be excepted is one which is VET/Clinic Given only.  This
way, if the vet did not give the shots or is faking records, then it
falls back on him and they can loose their licences.  Breeder or
individual given should not be excepted, if the AFA or LOS wants a true
say in what is going on.  Waviers should be signed at the door also.
That the person putting on the show is not responsible.  You can't be
responsible because there are always people out that who will find a way
around something.  It is up to the individual owners of the animal to
make sure that their animal is safe, and you must do what you can
personally live with to ensure that.

To safe guard your personal ferrets, they must be kept away from the
general public, must only be held when someone uses some sort of germ
stopping wash before hand (Better yet, not held by strangers at all),
don't participate in the games that they do if they look like they have
ferrets who come in close contact with each other, put a mat that you
brought on the floor if using a playyard and keep your ferrets away from
other ferrets.  This way, your ferrets are not exposed to anything but
your own ferrets.  There are way to many variables in the system for
ANYONE to feel 100% Safe.  This is both in the AFA shows and the LOS
shows.

It is really sad that there was not enough parents in this world that
pounded this saying into their offspring's head : "If you Don't have
anything nice to say........don't say anything at all".  People are so
quick to judge others, when they don't even walk in their shoes..........
or know them personally, which is really the funny part of it all.

Sorry I had to post this without my name, but I don't want to be slammed
either.  Being the Slam of the Week is not fun for anyone.  Maybe there
should be a calendar for the "The FML Slam of the Week" .  We could use
it as a fundraiser for the shelter which are slammed.

(TO)