From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:32:53 EDT
Please, please please!!!  Get off the Mr. Owens subject!!!!  Everyone
who has been kicking out all these nasty comments to this guy (and yes,
you know who you are and I am ABOVE pointing my fingers at anyone,
something alot of you could and should learn to do your dang selves!!!)
are driving me, and I am sure alot of other people on this list, bonkers
with this stuff!!!  Goodness gracious, this subject has been kicked
around more than the skinny kid I went to school with!!!

It is wonderful to hear and know that you love your ferrets.  We love
ours too!!!  It is wonderful that you believe in something greatly, we
do too!  But, I guess there are those of us that just don't feel the
need to "go public" about it, looking for little "pats on the head".  Has
it not occured to any of you - that all your doing is hurting someones
feelings - and for what?  Just so YOU can show how wonderful you are?
Or are you just trying to continue to incite this poor man into a fight?
And please, save the ""I was ONLY trying to helps"" - for someone who
will believe em!  The only reason anyone at this point, would continue
to go "at" this man - is to start a fight.  Not to "gently correct".
Now before everyone goes off the deep end - I am only referring to the
comments to Mr Owens that WERE nasty.  If you feel that I am talking to
YOU - well then.....perhaps you know what you said and how it looked
then, because I am not using anyone's name or "words".  So - if your
feeling guilty........it is only because you know I am right.  Ok - this
guy has been bashed around enough already.  NOW can we cut it out?..

[KA]

[Moderator's note: I don't fully agree with KA's reasons, but I do think
the bottom line is correct: I don't see there is more to be gained by
continuing this series about Mr. Owings.  Most of the posts were quite
well worded and factual but lately they have begun to move toward the
personal level which is a signal to me that it's time to end it.  Owings
was kind enough to share stories with us and ask for help.  Help was
given -- and more.  Please, let's not scare people away now that our
collective opinions were offered by beating 'em over the head!  BIG]