From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 09:45:07 EDT
Ok - to all those who mis-understood my comment regarding the sable
colored ferret - allow me to clarify.  I didn't realize that people
would not be able to equate what I was saying and that some of you would
ridiculously assume that I was comparing ferrets to cars - which I was
NOT doing.  I was only trying to use an example of COLOR and SALES - not
cars.  I can't believe I even have to explain this - but based on some of
the incredible responses I got - I guess I need to clarify for a few of
you.  Sorry for those of you who couldn't understand what I meant.  I
only wanted to point out that the guy - for whatever reason - knew what
he wanted in a ferret - and should not have been judged so harshly -
based soley on the fact that he didn't want a sable ferret.  I certainly
appreciated his honesty - as opposed to him taking one that he really
didn't want - and then "dumping" it later on.  I applaud him for that.

However - based on further clarification from the original author's post
- it appears that he wasn't just "sable prejudiced" - and had other
issues.  If those issues were brought out in the first email - I missed
it.  I can understand not allowing him to get one of the fuzzies based on
the other things mentioned - I just didn't agree with him being told no,
simply because he didn't want a sable one.  Not everyone is of the
"shelter" or "rescue" mind - and just because they don't see things "our"
way - doesn't make them a "bad ferret" parent.  It is rather like a
person who loves dogs - but only will get blonde labradors (there!  I
used animals this time - is that better?).  My mother happens to do t
hat.  I don't think she is a bad "animal" parent - and wouldn't begrude
her the chance to have a dog - simply because she only wanted a blonde
lab - and no other.....I hope that this email clarifies what I meant.

For those of you who really thought I was comparing ferrets to cars -
well, I guess your imagination, or comparison skills, aren't like
mine.... does that make you a bad person though?  Hmmmmm....I wonder...
*wink*

[KA]