From:
Victor Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 May 2004 23:37:50 -0700
I have been doing a little research over the Internet about ferrets over
the last few days and am finding out some rather distressing things about
these little creatures.  They seem to get a lot of bad cancers and
diseases, their life expectency is not too great, and a good ferret vet
can be harder to find and more expensive then I would have ever guessed.

Then there are the legal issues (I live in Ca. and just found out it is
actually illegal to own them here even tho a lot of people indeed do).
Plus the entire breeding issue which I won't even bother to comment on.

It is rather daunting and puts a damper on matters to say the least.  I
was hoping to eventually buy me at least 2 of them at some point in my
life but now I am rather hesitant.  How do you all do it?  Is it REALLY
this bad or am I just getting over paranoid in what I am reading.  How
could such a small, innocent, adorable creature be such a headache in so
many areas???  I would love to read what you all have to say on these
issues.  I need to know what I am looking at BEFORE I end up becoming
an owner.

Many Thanks,
Victor