From:
Karen Ellingson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 02:22:09 -0700
My son, who is a college student at UW-LaCrosse called to tell me he
found a ferret one dark rainy night in an alley in LaCrosse about 2 weeks
ago.  He was driving in an area near campus and the 1300 block of State
St.  He was driving in an alley behind State St.  when it came running
out and he almost hit it with his car.  Fortunately for the ferret, my
son loves animals and is quite fond of his teenage sister's ferrets, so
he knew what it was even in the rain and dark.  He was also smart enough
to know he couldn't keep it.  He knows they need companionship and they
are not cheap pets to keep.  To make a long story short, he took it to
the Human Society in LaCrosse.  He told them if no one claimed it to call
him if they were going to euthanize it.  He was at the shelter yesterday,
7/26 and it was still there.  I didn't think to post here until now,
sorry.

If anyone knows of someone missing a ferret or needing a ferret please
check the Coulee Human Society in LaCrosse, WI.  He describes it as
very friendly with what looked like a broken or deformed tail.  The
color is hard for him to describe.  He said it looked to be brown and
white markings.  I forgot to ask him if it was male or female.  I do not
have the phone number for the shelter.  If anyone is looking for a new
addition to their family please take a look at him.  My son would have
loved to bring it home to our group, but he is a college student that
rarely comes home to MN.  Sadly since it was running free in the area
around the university, it may have belonged to some students who moved
or couldn't keep it.  Check it out if you are in the LaCrosse area.

=====
Karen Ellingson