Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 15:40:14 +0000
Thanks, Wolfy!  It was at Cloud Nine with Mark and Judy.  I met Mark that
once when we met at his house.  He seemed really nice and had taken on a
huge task running this shelter from his house.  I got to spend a lot more
time with Judy and she turned into one of my favorite people.  She had
this great ferret cabin that they used as a satellite site for the
shelter.  It was adorable.  Her husband built it for her and specifially
made it for the weasels.  When I got ready to add to the family again I
went back to see her (she lived closer to me than Mark did).  This time
I took all the kids with me so they could decide as a group who to bring
home.  Judy and I sat on the floor and she let all her adoptable kids out
and I let my three out so all could play.  Joe hit the ground running and
immediately ran the tubes and tunnels with his new friends (Joe is the
ferret equivalent of a "good ol' boy".)  Bear came out, looked around,
turned and dove back under the blankets and hid.  He stayed there
quivering the whole time.  I never could get him to come out and play.
Miesa (the princess) spent the whole time screaming at the other fuzzies.
She went under a cardboard box and hissed and screamed at everyone.  She
did sit in my lap and Judy's lap for a brief while whining and fussing.
She REALLY waats to be an only ferret (even though never in her life has
she been one!).  One boy in particular (Jeffry) seemed to be quite
smitten with her.  He sat on top of the box and peered at her between his
feet.  The more she fussed, the more intrigued he was.  He followed her
around like a little lost puppy the whole time.  It was adorable and
obviously love, true love.  Meanwhile, Joe had latched onto a particular
little mutt boy.  Ringo was his name and he was a little bulldog, short
and stout and solid.  Judy warned me that he had biting issues and to
prove her true, he promptly latched onto my hand, heading for bone.  I
gently pried him off and he waddled off with Joe again.  He too was
adorable.  How were we to pick?  Well, we didn't, of course!  BOTH came
home with us.  I had always said four was my limit and here we were
with five!

And now we are years later.  All five are still with me, in varying
shades of health.  Miesa still screams at all the boys, but I find her
curled up with Jeffry all the time.  Bear has decided that they are
all okay and has quit hiding.  He chases them around the house in a
continuous game of tag.  Joe still loves the world.  Jeffry is a sweetie
and a half, still in love with Miesa.  He is the funniest little serious
guy with moments of wild exuberance.  Ringo still bites, but only when
he's having so much fun he forgets.  When I yell "Ouch" he frantically
starts licking and kissing, as if to say " Ohhh, I forgot.  I'm so sorry.
Let me make it better." He is a cuddle muffin, always wanting snuggles
and scratches.

Again, I am so blessed by the gifts of these guys.  Thanks again to the
shelter for bringing them my way.

(Sadly, Cloud Nine has since closed.  Judy and her husband retired and
are living the life of the happy retiree.  They are Florida snowbirds
now and RVing about the country.  I am completely jealous, of course!  I
wave at her exit every time I drive by and think of Cloud Nine fondly.)

Thanks for the great story about Sean and Rocky.  I LOVE the Sean and
Rocky stories!  What sweet kids- two legged and four legged!

Anne
(and the family- Miesa, Joe, Bear, Jeffry and Ringo)