From:
Roger Vaughn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 12:00:51 -0400
>When taking him in I made a mistake that I was unaware I was
>doing, I asked to stay with him "so that he wouldn't be alone".
>The thought never crossed my mind how close our Vet is to all
>these little babies and how loving she is to them.  I hurt her
>feelings unintentionally as she and a tech are with the babies at
>all times during euthanasia....

It's easy for people to miscommunicate.  I'd say, yes, apologize to
your vet for the unintentionally insensitive wording, but not for the
sentiment.  Your vet cares for your babies too - she works hard to save
them after all - but when it comes down to it, you're their mommy.  They
spend far more of their lives with you, so you want to be there when they
pass.  Your vet should understand.  People say things they don't really
mean when they're grieving, and vets see more than their share of grief.
Your vet has probably already realized what you meant and forgiven you
for it, but it doesn't hurt to bring it out in the open.  There shouldn't
be any hard feelings here.

(It's kind of an odd thing to say, but most of the vets I know are GLAD
to see people grieving.  because it means the people really love their
pets.  They see far too many of the "Oh, it's going to take a $100
surgery to fix a minor problem?  Well just put him to sleep then.")

 -------------

Yes, I've used Zupreem before though I don't use it at the moment.  I
have no complaints with it; it seems like a good food.  The only reason
I'm not using it is that it seems to make darker poops - which makes it
harder to identify bloody (digested) poops.  We had a little bit of
trouble with those last year.

You really DON'T want to know what's in the kibble.  A piece of kibble
that's a little different from the others is the LEAST of your worries.
At least if it appears to be a kibble for a different kind of food, it's
highly unlikely to harm your fuzzies.

roger