From:
Celtic Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:54:57 -0500
We have a new mixed breed puppy about 14 wks old.  Any experience.

We've had ferrets almost 10 yrs.  Last year our 11 yr old beagle terrier
mix died of cancer.  She was great with the ferrets and could trusted
with them.  We often left the ferrets free roaming while she was out too.

The new puppy is a beagle/terrier mix.  We believe the terrier half is
Jack Russell.  The first couple of weeks home the youngest ferrets beat
him up.  We moved to older ferrets who will either ignore him or play
with him.

Puppy is now 14 wks old and crated when no one is home.  During his
playtime he goes up to the ferret cages and tried to entice them to play.

Working on total voice control to the word come.  Puppy has the attention
span of a gnat and need to be tapped on the shoulder to be reminded to
come.

KG