Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 16:47:49 -0500
I have a funny story about cards ...

The building where I live used to have a horrible super.  His main field
of expertise was making things disappear, including a lot of packages.
It got to the point where UPS, FedEx, and the Postal Service were really
reluctant to allow him to sign for anything.  Since almost all of us in
this building work outside the local area during the day, including a lot
of Manhattan commuters, this caused some serious problems in getting
packages.

Well, he left, and then his sister wound up being super.  I was not
thrilled about that at first ..  I figured that she would be more of
the same.

After she'd been here for a few weeks, everyone was singing her praises,
and talking about how wonderful it was that they were getting packages
again.  I still wasn't happy, though..  I had packages which should have
gotten there, but didn't.

So, the next time I saw her, I asked her (politely!) if she had seen any
packages for me.  She acted really surprised, and said, "You didn't get
my notes?" Then she claimed she had stuck notes under my door saying I
had packages, and she gave me a half dozen packages.  I figured she was
"bullshitting" me as her brother had done in the past.

Then, a couple of days later, I was home sick.  I was sitting at my
computer, working, when I heard someone outside my door.  There was a
knock and a pause.  Little Paddington Bear ferret ran to the door to
check this out.

Then, about two seconds later, I heard something slide under the door,
and Paddington came RUNNING down the hall with something in his mouth.
He ran down the hall, and quickly tucked the "something" under a
bookcase, then looked at me and dashed away.

I reached under the bookcase, and pulled out a note that said, "You have
a package - Bernice" and it had that day's date on it.  Then I reached a
bit further under the bookcase, and I pulled out a whole BUNCH of notes
that had the same message on them ..  with all sorts of previous dates on
them.  Mystery solved!  Paddington was pissed at me about that, though!

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483