From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 14:41:54 -0500
Are we sure Ben Stiller was bitten by the ferret in "Along Came Polly" ?

Yeah, we're sure - mainly because it's not the Dept. of F&G causing
all the hoopla - Stiller is the one who can't stop talking about it.
Unfortunately, the latest in this whole overblown thing is that they're
running his spot about twice an hour on the TV Guide channel where he has
his big tantrum about how the awful ferret bit him and he had to get
rabies shots and it's such a horrible animal.  It's really getting a ton
of press and he just can't stop crying about it everywhere he goes.  It's
awful publicity for ferrets and frankly, I can't understand why the
studio doesn't shut him up because it's not the greatest publicity for
the movie either; the ferret's featured as a cute little pet, and from
what I gather it's part of the story that the girl (Aniston) is so taken
with her fuzzy little ferret, but Stiller's ongoing sob sessions to the
press are making the movie's cuddly little pet seem like a rabid monster.
Maybe the studio is afraid that if they ask him to stop complaining he'll
start yammering about how horrible and rat-like they are, too.

Frankly, at this point if I saw him, I'd probably bite him on the chin
too, for being such a big whiner!

-Heather W.
 Massachusetts