From:
Fred A Hurd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:28:50 EST
Dear FMLers.

Ok Ok so here I am minding my own business and then whamo out of the blue
I have another fret to rescue.  I thought I was gonna get outta this
rescue thing but then the word gets around and I find myself rescuing
another fuzzy...and what a fuzzy he is too.  He is a big bright eyed
Albino boy I have named Wolfgang or just Wolfie for short.  I have had
him for a week now but he is already such a part of us here.  He is very
sweet and very lovable.  He wasn't really miss-treated where he was he
just wasn't treated very well.  The guy who had him told me that some
lady he knows had this fret and couldn't keep him, so she dumped him on
this guy.  He couldn't keep him because he or his roomate was "alergic"
to this fret..sound too familar to any other rescues out there??  Yeah,
I thought so too.

Anyway, I called someone who called someone who then called me with
another number to call who then called the guy with the ferret..Whew!!
Did I lose anyone out there yet??  LOL.  Ok so I end up talking to guy
that had the fret and named a place and time where I could pick him up
and I made it happen.  Poor lil Wolfie was dirty and looked a bit
haggard.  He smelled like cigarette smoke and cheap air.  I took him home
and left his cage outside to air out and We gave him a bath early the
next day and he lookes like a million.  He has long hair, kinda on the
angora side and he looks great.  He is about 4 or maybe 5, not just 1
like they told me... He is just a very neat, very sweet fret.  Now he has
a forever home and won't be switched around like some bum being pushed
off the train.

My wife thought I was over the rescue stage but when she seen Wolfie
she scooped him up and told him.  "You, are going home with us"!!  LOL.
Ferrets Rule and Dogs and Cats drool...LOL..  OK OK so yes we have cats
and one dog too so???  Ya know what?  They were all rescues too.  Guess
I just can't shake it.  Who wants to?  LOL

Fred Hurd
Reno, Nevada

After All It Is For The Ferrets!!!