From:
Fysha Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2003 07:02:09 -0800
One of the new girl I adopted this week needs you HELP and ADVICE.

Each and everyone of her mammary glands are hard bruised lump sore to
the touch.  The vet I had check the girls to see if they would be up to
making the long trip home said he was not sure what it could be.  He has
seen bacteral infection in the mammary gland area in jills nursing their
kits, but this little girl is a Marshall Ferret so she has never had any
kits.  The vet did how ever give me a large bottle of Amoxi-Drops to put
all 3 of the girls on for it would most likely be of help to them.

I am going to take them into my vet tomorrow to have bloodwork and test
ran on all 3 of them, but would like some information to take with me
from someone that may know what this is.

Have any of you ever seen this in a ferret before, know what it maybe and
how did your vet treat this?

You can e-mail me at:

Thank you for all of your most needed advice!
Fysha